Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This week's haul

Here's what was in this week's box. For once, all are things I have a good idea of what to do with them - the challenge will be coming up with something interesting.

- a big head of broccoli
- a red potato and a white potato
- 2 more pickling cucumbers (now I have 4, since I didn't use them last week!)
- a green pepper
- a tomato
- red cabbage
- a giant head of lettuce
- green beans & purple beans
- carrots
- 2 zucchini
- a small box of pink currants

The one thing in here I've never cooked with are the currants (assuming the purple beans are like green beans - they similar, differing only in color). However, as pastry is my most favorite thing to try (as anyone looking at my shelf of cookbooks can attest), incorporating these into something shouldn't be a problem. At least I think so...

I still have the radishes from last week, and most of the cabbage and the zucchini. I have plans for the zucchini from last week, which I'll post tomorrow, since that's when we're having it for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment