Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our first harvest!

Okay, harvest might be too strong a word - but here is the first produce from our balcony garden! It's very exciting; I've progressed from someone who killed all of her houseplants to someone who can help plants produce fruit! (I think the first step was learning that plants and gardens don't just water themselves, as they seemed to when I lived at home.)

When we came back from Connecticut, the jalapenos had grown large enough to pick, one of the Japanese eggplants had grown, and small, green tomatoes were present on both of our tomato plants. Now I just have to think of what to do with all of these - these four are only the start of what's still growing on the plant. I'll probably end up drying some of them, and our food will be spicier over the next couple of weeks! P definitely won't mind that.

No comments:

Post a Comment