Friday, September 4, 2009

This week's haul (late again!)

My apologies for the lateness of this post - this week has been busy with starting a new job. I'm not even 100% sure if I'm getting this list completely right, but the box has long been unpacked...

- four ears of corn
- a bunch of beets, with greens
- a bunch of white turnips, with greens
- a small watermelon
- two (or three?) tomatoes
- carrots
- peppers - one lighter green one, some smaller ones, some jalapenos
- potatoes (some purple!)

I think that's it, though there may have been a red onion that I'm missing that we've already used. My work with all of this so far? I've boiled the corn so that it doesn't go bad, and it's sitting (still on the cob) in the refrigerator. Only today have I gotten it together to make a list of what we're probably going to have with it all - I've even managed to think of a way to use the turnips! More to come this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment