Sunday, June 28, 2009

Evergreen Brick Works Farmer's Market

Yesterday, my friend Craig and I went to the Evergreen Brick Works Farmer's Market. His description of the excusion is here, on his blog, The Fairsley Difference. For those interested in local farmer's markets in and around Toronto, you should definitely check his blog out!

Very short version of the experience: definitely go. Craig talks about a lot of the stuff we bought - today, P and I ate some of the Old Traditional Organic Cheddar from Mill Bank Cheese I bought at the market in grilled cheese sandwiches. The melty cheese on the sourdough from the market, and tomato from the CSA share...best grilled cheese I've had in a long time. No photo - we ate it too quickly to get out the camera!

Tomorrow night's dinner: venison from Deer Valley Farm, and the rest of the week's veggies. The lettuce from this week was used at dinner at Craig's house last night - it was just too much for me to take on by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment