Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rhubarb, strawberry, & apple pie follow-up

We're back from Ottawa - and here's a photo of the last two pieces of pie before they were eaten. The pie was fantastic - amazing for dessert, even better for breakfast the next day. Although I seem to rarely bake the same thing twice - there are so many great recipes to try - this one will be made again if strawberries and rhubarb show up together again in the weekly box.

One challenge this week: P is away from Tuesday until Saturday. That leaves me to eat all of the veggies, and we still have some left from last week because we were away. I may turn into a head of lettuce...

2 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome pie! I gave away my rhubarb from last week's share box. There's a pretty big stash of it in my freezer waiting to be turned into something delish. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost sad I didn't get rhubarb this week (though those strawberries will be a delicious dessert all on their own tonight, and on my cereal tomorrow morning...) The New York Times had a few rhubarb recipes (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/dining/10Appetite.html?scp=1&sq=rhubarb&st=cse) - two sweet, one savory

    ReplyDelete